dressing bandsaw tires
I think the tires on my Laguna need to be dressed.  I have seen articles about it in FWW, but I'm still a bit reluctant.  I think the FWW article had an electric hand grinder.  Anyone have any pointers?
(10-09-2018, 09:31 AM)EricU Wrote: I think the tires on my Laguna need to be dressed.  I have seen articles about it in FWW, but I'm still a bit reluctant.  I think the FWW article had an electric hand grinder.  Anyone have any pointers?

If your tires are rubber, here is a link with several options for crowning tires.  I don't know if these methods will work with urethane tires.  
http://wiki.vintagemachinery.org/Tire%20Crowning.ashx
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
(10-09-2018, 09:31 AM)EricU Wrote: I think the tires on my Laguna need to be dressed.  I have seen articles about it in FWW, but I'm still a bit reluctant.  I think the FWW article had an electric hand grinder.  Anyone have any pointers?

First does the Laguna have flat or crowned tires?  Some of the older European built models have slight crowns but most of the Italian ones are flat, the Asian built saws have crowned wheels.

Second, why do you think they need to be recrowned which I assume is what you mean when you say dressed.
mostly I notice they are out of round.  I'll have to go look to see if they are flat

That method is about the most tedious way of crowing the tires that I've seen.  The Vintagemachinery link will show easier and more clever ways of doing that necessary job.