When did Grizzly become a festool distributor?
They have a whole selection

??????

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(10-09-2018, 07:58 PM)packerguy® Wrote: They have a whole selection

??????

I'm still hoping for the 10% old fart discount.....

https://www.forums.woodnet.net/showthrea...pid7675003
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
They did become a dealer (Festool USA LLC is the only US distributor).
(10-09-2018, 08:41 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: They did become a dealer (Festool USA LLC is the only US distributor).

Sorry, I meant to say dealer.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

(10-09-2018, 08:56 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Sorry, I meant to say dealer.

I figured, I just wanted to clarify.  When I noticed it I checked the shipping (Grizzly has high small item shipping as a general rule) and they are indeed charging shipping.  I doubt they will sell much Festool via the internet when none of the most active and knowledgeable Festool dealers charge shipping for the tools.  I have had Bob Marino trade emails with me at 9-10pm on a weekend night for example and charges no shipping that simply isn't going to happen with Grizzly.
(10-09-2018, 09:07 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: I figured, I just wanted to clarify.  When I noticed it I checked the shipping (Grizzly has high small item shipping as a general rule) and they are indeed charging shipping.  I doubt they will sell much Festool via the internet when none of the most active and knowledgeable Festool dealers charge shipping for the tools.  I have had Bob Marino trade emails with me at 9-10pm on a weekend night for example and charges no shipping that simply isn't going to happen with Grizzly.

Agreed. Bob gives amazing service. I would never consider buying from anyone but him, but was just shocked Grizz is in the game now. I guess the would have the logistical ability, but not the first place to expect to see festool stuff.

(10-09-2018, 10:14 PM)packerguy® Wrote: Agreed. Bob gives amazing service. I would never consider buying from anyone but him, but was just shocked Grizz is in the game now. I guess the would have the logistical ability, but not the first place to expect to see festool stuff.

I thought it was an odd fit.  While they have always had a fairly large selection of name brand hand power tools both in the catalog and the stores they are always at the "MSRP that nobody pays" pricing plus the shipping was high on top of that.  They just never struck me as remotely interested in selling anything outside the Grizzly/Woodstock umbrella.  Plus the stores (especially Springfield and the old Muncy store) have/had a very sterile bigbox store vibe, quite different from the typical Festool retailer.