protecting deck from grill spills and splatter?
  Re: protecting deck from grill spills and splatter? by goaliedad (I recently finished ...)
I think just about every big box or Ace who sells BBQ grills carries "The Original Grill Pad" as seen here. 
http://www.grillpads.com/index.html
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
  Re: protecting deck from grill spills and splatter? by goaliedad (I recently finished ...)
The only time we have needed protection for the deck is when we deep fry something on the side burner.  Oil will splatter and we did get a few spots on the deck.  Now I just use a small heavy duty painter's tarp that I keep folded up and stored in the grill cabinet for those few times I need it.  When I do use it, I simply bring it out, unfolded it a few times and place it under the side burner side of the grill.
The Grill Pad looks interesting. But it appears there are no retailers in Michigan. Yes I can order it, but would like to see it first

Any retailer that sells the full line of Weber grills should have a Weber grill mat.
I don’t believe they have that dealer locator feature working for anyone.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Every home improvement store has some kind of purpose made pad...