Yellow glue and WipeOn Poly
I'm working on a walnut plaque. Rubbed in the first coat of Minwax WipeOn Poly then remembered that a few small pieces need to be glued to the surface. Will yellow glue adhere to the poly, or what do I need to use?
Thanks for the help.
Peter
(10-10-2018, 05:20 PM)petertay15 Wrote: I'm working on a walnut plaque. Rubbed in the first coat of Minwax WipeOn Poly then remembered that a few small pieces need to be glued to the surface.  Will yellow glue adhere to the poly, or what do I need to use?
Thanks for the help.
Peter

Nope, yellow glue won't stick to poly coated wood.  I suggest you sand or scrap off the finish in the areas that need to be glued.  Alternatively, you could try superglue or epoxy, but it would still be best to roughen up the poly.  

John
How small and what are they made with?  

I might try a little poly
Cool
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
The two small pieces are about one inch square. Same walnut as the base.
(10-10-2018, 07:35 PM)petertay15 Wrote: The two small pieces are about one inch square. Same walnut as the base.

Super glue will be fine for that. Use the gel stuff so it doesn't run.