Kreg K4 Jig modification
I upgraded my Kreg K4 pocket hole jig with a new clamp from Armor tools, clamp and adapter.  The clamp is branded for Rockler but is same red version by Armor tools.  This upgrade works really well and is fast to use.

[Image: Kreg%20Jig%201_zpsvrdemrea.jpg]Before
[Image: Kreg%20Jig%202_zpsanfxsk9e.jpg]After
I like it.

I have the K3, which has the clamp lever in the front.  I like that feature, but constantly adjusting the clamping pressure is cumbersome.  I don't know if I can adapt something like that or not.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Do not have one of these jigs. Could you explain the reason for the change, please and how the new clamp is superior?

Thanks,

Doug
(10-14-2018, 11:01 AM)Tapper Wrote: Do not have one of these jigs. Could you explain the reason for the change, please and how the new clamp is superior?

I'm interested in your response also.  I can see where adjusting to the thickness of the stock might be slightly quicker but not that much. I've never found my K4 to be difficult to use.
The original K4 clamp needs adjustment for varying wood thickness.  If adjusted too much it will be hard to push on the clamp lever or not enough clamp will not hold wood tightly.  With the Armor clamp push the pad against the wood and clamp.  It always applies consistent clamping pressure all the time with varying wood thickness.  I have done a lot of pocket holes with the K4 stock clamp, this new upgrade is making it easier for me to clamp the stock in place.
Thanks, I think it's a great idea. I intend to add it to mine.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Good idea............................
I think it’s a good idea, but how often are you really adjusting for the thickness of the wood? When I use the jig, which is infrequent, I usually have all the same thickness stock. Like all 3/4” for an apron.