HELP with Craftsman Bandsaw
I'm finally getting my shop put back together and I need to change the drive belt on my Craftsman Bandsaw (Model 119.2240110). I took the blade off, and removed the C-clip, but the wheel won't slide off. I can't tell if it's stuck or if there is another step I'm missing. I even tried to take the whole assembly out by loosening the four bolts on the back of the unit, but nothing will budge.
No
Confused Any thoughts? I've never done this before and I'd rather not break anything.
Wink

Chris
Chris

Less is more. Unless you're standing next to the one with more.
Then less just looks pathetic.

www.woodntreasures.com
(10-14-2018, 12:56 PM)craftdiggity Wrote: I'm finally getting my shop put back together and I need to change the drive belt on my Craftsman Bandsaw (Model 119.2240110). I took the blade off, and removed the C-clip, but the wheel won't slide off. I can't tell if it's stuck or if there is another step I'm missing. I even tried to take the whole assembly out by loosening the four bolts on the back of the unit, but nothing will budge.
No
Confused  Any thoughts? I've never done this before and I'd rather not break anything.
Wink

Chris

The bad news may be the 4 bolts on the back side of the saw that adjust the position of the shaft are for correcting blade tracking problems.  Rikon made the saw for Sears and Rikon has a written procedure on how to adjust this shaft to correct for blade tracking problems.  They don't recommend changing the factory adjustments.   Supposedly if you call Rikon, they will send you the procedure.  I looked at a copy of the procedure once and it is not intuitive.

It may take a gear puller to remove the lower wheel and pulley assembly

Joe
(10-14-2018, 03:58 PM)Joe K1 Wrote: The bad news may be the 4 bolts on the back side of the saw that adjust the position of the shaft are for correcting blade tracking problems.  Rikon made the saw for Sears and Rikon has a written procedure on how to adjust this shaft to correct for blade tracking problems.  They don't recommend changing the factory adjustments.   Supposedly if you call Rikon, they will send you the procedure.  I looked at a copy of the procedure once and it is not intuitive.

It may take a gear puller to remove the lower wheel and pulley assembly

Joe

Super. 
Crazy
Chris

Less is more. Unless you're standing next to the one with more.
Then less just looks pathetic.

www.woodntreasures.com
This may not be the exact model that you own but it shows changing the belt on a RIKON / CRAFTSMAN band saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl0lOQQ-...3wKoOlxzWh

If your wheel isn't slipping off as easily as the one in the video, the previous suggestion of a gear puller is the solution.

Also, Highland has published the adjustment procedure for the four bottom-wheel tracking adjustment bolts:

https://www.highlandwoodworking.com/libr..._guide.pdf

Mike