Christmas Tray
I’ve started working on Christmas projects. I’m trying to get an early start because I have been working on photography projects and have been metal detecting. If I don’t get busy I’ll be rushing to the Christmas deadline.

Anyway this Christmas tray was the first project on the list. It’s made with the Infinity template, made from hard maple with bloodwood accent pieces. The project seemed rather straightforward from the looks of it. However, the template inside “corners” are less than 3/4" radius so you have to allow for that when planning the routing with a 3/4” bowl bit. I drilled the outside “corners” with a 5/8" forstner bit and bandsawed up to the holes. I sanded the inside partially with power tool and hand sanding. The outside was sanded with oscillating spindle sander and hand sanding. All the edges were routed with a 1/8" roundover bit. It’s finished with three coats of high gloss tung oil. I estimate I have close to 35 hours in the project. I certainly didn’t expect it to take that long to make and... I have 2 more to go...

If you want to see all the steps... Build Pictures

Here's a couple pictures of the finished tray
[Image: 43464841900_101bff8ae5_m.jpg]

[Image: 44557272674_3e96492f15_m.jpg]
Nicely done!
Yes
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
looks great
Yes
It seems to me that would be a lot easier and less waist to treat it like a bandsaw box.
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop