Granite Counter Corner
I debated about that 12” front, but the one my parents’ house has about the same with a 9” opening for the door (mine will be about 10”) and no one ever felt like it wasn’t enough room to access the cabinet or especially the lazy Susan. With this design I can have a large, full size turn table with no notch out for a corner door. I might make that a little larger though. Maybe more like 14.

I also debated about the size of the cabinet. Going with 36x36 would be a nice size but take away precious space from the adjoining cabinets. It’s a small kitchen so every inch counts. So I’m going with 32 or maybe 34.

Also I confirmed through Keidel that the only added cost will be for the extra square footage. Insofar as the outside corner being this design or the inside corner being outside of square makes no difference to the price.

Thanks to all for your input.
Ray
If you build your box 32x32 or 34x34, you'll only be able to use a 30" susan.
36x36 box you can use a *full round* 36 susan.
I built a double door on the front of mine. Very easy access.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'd have to look at the sketchup with the lazy susan in it again, but I think I'll have up to a 32" turntable.
Every inch of space is premium in this small kitchen, so if I make the cabinet 36x36 that translates into taking 4 inches away from other cabinet space in each direction of the L.
Plus my wife wants me to make something like that pull-out step stool (which is another thread of mine) and we'll need two, so that's another couple inches off cabinet space in each leg of the L.
thanks again!
Ray
No. Problem.
Hey be sure and install the susan before the top goes on. Don't ask me why.
Smile Lol
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020