New Laguna lathe
Other than that candy dish and few slim line pens, not much of woodturner. That’s okay he did hit the high points on the lathe woodturning not really his forte. Jay does have a lot of You Tube woodworking and couple tool reviews videos too.

We need to go Hollywood and start posting on You Tube too!
Bill
(11-10-2018, 07:56 PM)DFJarvie Wrote: I saw Jay’s video and how was he selected as a tester? You could see he’s not really a turner so I’d like to hear how this works. I’d be willing to test a new lathe anytime.

A lot may be determined moreby his following than his expertise. Other factors may be involved too.

A couple years back, Teknatool asked me to do turning demos in their booth at the AAW show in Kansas City. I was happy to do it, but was VERY clear with them that I was not a highly skilled turner, certainly not on the level of most participants there.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
(11-10-2018, 07:56 PM)DFJarvie Wrote: I saw Jay’s video and how was he selected as a tester? You could see he’s not really a turner so I’d like to hear how this works. I’d be willing to test a new lathe anytime.

You and me both. Looks like we need to get our GoPro cameras ready and start uploading videos to YouTube.
Yes

Mike
(11-11-2018, 06:52 PM)mvflaim Wrote: You and me both. Looks like we need to get our GoPro cameras ready and start uploading videos to YouTube.
Yes

Mike

He has half a million subscribers, and over 54million views...  That's a LOT of direct advertising.  Giving him a free lathe for a 10 minute video, plus whatever future video's he makes, is incredibly cost effective for Laguna. 

His skill as a turner is irrelevant to them.