Electrical???
Currently I power my table saw and jointer on a 240 volt breaker with 12 gauge wire. Both are 3HP motors.

Can I run a single phase 5HP 240 volt grizzly jointer on the same line?
I think you're going to need at least 10-AWG wire and a 30A breaker for that thing.
If you go to the Grizzly web site, the jointer you are considering will have a SPECIFICATION SHEET you can click on.  It will list the recommended circuit breaker size.

I think you'll find that Phil is correct - a 30 amp circuit is usually recommended for a 5hp tool.
Grizzly's current offerings only include two jointers with 5 hp single-phase motors.  One shows 19A, and the other is 25A.

30A is fine for the lower current unit, even though the NEC requires 28A design current at 230V single-phase for a 5 hp motor (for wiring and disconnects, not for overload protection).  30A is probably fine for the 25A motor*, but technically it should be on a 35A circuit if it is.

Barring unforeseen information to the contrary, I'd just run a 30A circuit on 10-gauge copper and go to work.

*Asian motors tend to the high end of the NEC motor current range, as a general rule.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
I currently have a double pole 240 volt breaker coded 20 amps. Grizzly’s specs call for 30 amps and 12 gauge wire. Could I merely just replace the breaker? Also, do I need a double pole 30 amp breaker and if I put in a separate line do I need 10 gauge wire?

Thanks.
(10-18-2018, 04:22 AM)Gibbcutter Wrote: I currently have a double pole 240 volt breaker coded 20 amps. Grizzly’s specs call for 30 amps and 12 gauge wire. Could I merely just replace the breaker?  Also, do I need a double pole 30 amp breaker and if I put in a separate line do I need 10 gauge wire?

Thanks.

No,  to your first question.  You need to replace the wire too.  You'll generate heat trying to pull 25 amps through a 12ga wire.  The breaker determines the wire size.
Second question.  Yes, 230 volts requires a two pole breaker.  Yes you need 10 ga wire.
I’m be using a 2 pole 30 amp breaker running 10 gauge wire. Any problems if the distance between the electrical panel and the outlet is 65’?
Let's see - 1.25 ohms/1000 ft (approx) and a round-trip distance of 2 x 65 ft is 0.16 ohms.  24A (80% of 30A for motor loads)  Using the full circuit rating since I don't remember what your actual motor rated current is, 30A x 0.16 ohms is 4.8 volts dropped over that distance, not counting machine cord and feeder or service cabling to the panel.  4.8V/240V x 100% is 2% voltage drop.  Or, 240V - 4.8V = 235V.  Well within the -10% allowable (216V) at the utilization equipment (-5% for the utility, and another -5% for the feeder and branch circuits), assuming you actually have 240V to start with.  But even if the utility is sagging to the -5% limit of 228V, you're still less than -5% for the feeder (if present) and branch circuit at 223V.

I'd say you're good to go.  
Winkgrin
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Little trouble with the detailed analysis but I understood the punchline.

Thanks.