Stiff Blade Raising on PM66
The effort required to raise the blade on my PM66 is getting more and more difficult.  How can I clean the mechanism without taking the top off the saw?
I had the same problem on my Jet Saw, and went at it by removing the blade, and going down thru the top and in thru the rear where the drive belts enter.

Clean the threaded rods and gearing that raise and lower/tilt the blade assembly with compressed air and a toothbrush then apply a dry lube.  Then run the assembly thru it's up and down and tilt cycle and reapply the lube if needed. 
Big Grin
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
You did turn the unlock knob? Ok, if yes then.............

Do as BOM describes, but you have to go down through the blade insert (top) on your PM saw.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-17-2018, 09:11 PM)Wood Wrote: The effort required to raise the blade on my PM66 is getting more and more difficult.  How can I clean the mechanism without taking the top off the saw?

Open the motor cover and front clean out and remove the blade insert. clean with vacuum and compressed air then from every opening run the raise and tilt wheels thru there range cleaning with focused air and then lube all moving parts with dry lube paste wax lithium grease.
You'll know your done when the two mechanisms work smoothly and fairly easy thru out there range. 
Tim
As I get older, raising my trusty stiff blade takes a bit more effort...... sorry, just had to say it...... :-)
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-19-2018, 09:38 AM)Admiral Wrote: As I get older, raising my trusty stiff blade takes a bit more effort...... sorry, just had to say it...... :-)

TMI
Slap  
Big Grin
Big Grin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-17-2018, 09:11 PM)Wood Wrote: The effort required to raise the blade on my PM66 is getting more and more difficult.  How can I clean the mechanism without taking the top off the saw?

I have the same saw and mine gets that way also.   I remove the blade insert (and blade), the front cover, and side motor cover.  I clean what I can with a small nozzle on the shop vac.  I also go through the hole in the cabinet where the tilt mechanism runs.  Tilting the motor all the way helps quite a bit.

Then a little paste wax on the screws that tilt/raise/lower.  

It definitely helps.
(10-19-2018, 09:38 AM)Admiral Wrote: As I get older, raising my trusty stiff blade takes a bit more effort...... sorry, just had to say it...... :-)

Rich, In your case, I think you may want to avoid the dry lube....
Rolleyes

just sayin'.....