For Sale: Horse-Butt Leather Strops
The last couple of posts about strops didn't go unnoticed. This will be my third occasion selling horse-butt leather strops to the WoodNet community. US only. The leather was vegetable tanned.

Same prices as last time. Not trying to make a profit, just enough to cover my costs and provide some strops to the WoodNet community. The 3"x8" fit in a standard envelope, while the others only fit in a large envelope and has higher postage.

New to stropping? I glue these with the smooth side down on a piece of wood. Some like the smooth side up. Rub some green jewelers rouge on the leather. Pull your sharpened flat edge along the charged section with the sharpened edge at the back and down. Having the sharpened edge at the front gouges the leather.

The paypal fees have been added for the cost of paypal.

Size in inches - Paypal / Cash
Standard   3 x  8  - $6.50 / $6
Large        3 x 12 - $12.70 / $12
Worksharp 6 x  6  - $12.70 / $12

The worksharp piece will come as a 6X6 square w/o any center holes. User your disc as a template.

Send a PM and I will provide where to pay. The order of the PM's will be the selling order. And the order payment is received will be the mailing order.
Questions???
WoodTinker
Could not be happier with mine, good thickness, no blemishes. I tried MDF and it certainly works, but having a little give is nice on carving tools and cambered blades when you're new to sharpening. Plus my wife is happy I'm not trying to poach her old purses anymore (cheap purse leather is too easy to tear anyway I found).
Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. Maya Angelou
(10-19-2018, 09:59 AM)johnnysuede Wrote: Could not be happier with mine, good thickness, no blemishes. I tried MDF and it certainly works, but having a little give is nice on carving tools and cambered blades when you're new to sharpening. Plus my wife is happy I'm not trying to poach her old purses anymore (cheap purse leather is too easy to tear anyway I found).

Hi WoodTinker
PM sent.
PM sent for purchase

Ed
PM sent for work sharp square
PM sent for Worksharp strop.
I bought a couple of these strops a few years back and they are top quality. Highly recommend these if you need them.

Frank
PM Sent on 2 strops. Thanks!
PM sent for two 3 x 8.
(10-21-2018, 07:13 AM)Dakotapix Wrote: PM sent for two 3 x 8.

To all who have sent payment via paypal. Thank you and I have your strops cut out and will be mailing them via USPS tomorrow.

JSpill,  I haven't received your paypal payment yet. Hopefully it will post by tomorrow morning.

I will continue selling until I run out of leather.
WoodTinker