Hearing protection
I wear the green foam plugs from WalMart religiously. They're not the plain cylinder type. Very comfortable; I can wear them for hours on end. I wear them when I'm riding my motorcycle, too. On road trips, I've worn them for nine hours straight in complete comfort. I asked Santa for a set of noise canceling radio ear muffs for Christmas; we'll see what he delivers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Moldex-Flents...SNEALw_wcB
Semper fi,
Brad

Most of the time, I use a pair of Howard Leight muffs. Easy on, easy off. When I feel the need for plugs, I am kind of partial to Surefire EP4s. Mostly because they do a good job plugging my freakishly large ear canals, and the flanges lock them pretty well in place, keeping them from rotating out due to sweat or movement.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(11-03-2018, 04:05 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Most of the time, I use a pair of Howard Leight muffs.  Easy on, easy off.  When I feel the need for plugs, I am kind of partial to Surefire EP4s. 

Same usage here.  Plus with the Howard Leights, I often connect my iPhone to listen to audiobooks or music.
I had some ear problems when I was young, luckily nothing permanent but I have never forgotten the pain I was in.   The doctor told me nothing smaller than my thumb should ever go in my ear so I have always had problems with any kind of ear protection that was inserted in my ears.  For years I either used nothing or ear muffs.  I hate the ear muffs in the summer because the plastic makes me sweat so bad.  Then I heard about fitted ear plugs.  Went to an ear doctor, had my hearing checked and I was fitted for ear plugs.  Hardest part for me was when they injected the mold stuff.  I wear them just about anytime I am using power tools, when I am shooting, at the races and in loud mechanical rooms.  I love them.  They pop in and out with ease.  I cannot recommend them enough.

Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)