Hearing protection
I have always had troubles with inserting those foam plugs. I will give them another try given the video demo. I had tried all kinds of protection before settling on the SensGuard.

Simon
Here is a different (and admittedly much more expensive) option:

I am now using the IsoTunes Pro Bluetooth hearing protection. They retail at around $90.00 but are 27 decible rated protection and connect to my phone. They also have a mic for phone calls. I use them in the shop, when mowing my lawn and they now travel with me to use on airplanes. 

They allow for listening to music, podcasts and audio books at safe volume levels while protecting me from damaging noise.

They come with both expanding foam tips and the rubber ridged tips. The battery is rated for 10 hours use between charges, but I get quite a bit more than that.

I find them comfortable enough to wear all day, and I do not have to pull them out to answer the phone. My phone is my business line so not taking calls is not an option.

I often simply keep them in even when I sit down at my desk to edit video.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
You might want to try Radians. Because they are custom fit to your ears, they always fit well when they are inserted. They are cheap and easy to "DIY custom mold" to your ears. Only about 10 minutes per ear. They are also washable/reusable, so one pair lasts a long time. I am very satisfied with mine.
>
Worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge.
>
The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. - Gustave Le Bon

Hey thanks everyone. I appreciate the input!
Paul
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
NRR : 31 dB

if custom plugs are your thing - https://www.decibullz.com/

Simon
I use the Howard Leight ear band w/ QB200HYG pods.
Been wearing these a long time.
What’d you say?!?

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Most often I just use the spongy kind of ear plugs. One's comfort depends on what styles of such ear plug is comfy to the user.
Sometimes I wear these musician's ear plugs
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IA3S42Y/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
There are other kinds that reduce more decibels than these, but these seem to work well enough for me and I don't use them as often as the spongy kind.
What I like about them over the spongy kind is that I can still hear other things a lot better with them in, such as my radio.
The spongy kind and things like ear muffs block/muffle too much and I have to take them out get rid of that annoyance when the power tools are off, but I don't have to take these out.
Not having to take them out when I'm not using something noisy means I don't have to put them back in every time I fire up a power tool.
Ray
Based on some replies here, I just bought the SensGard. That it is a new invention, but no new technology intrigued me. As others have experienced, the earpieces are so fat, I couldn’t get them to seal in the ear canal. So I took off the soft foam ends, filed down the hard tube to a taper, and put the foam back. Now the fit well, and the loud sounds are muffled better than with traditional muffs.
I am a long time user of the Sensgard, not an expert of it, but I don't think if it is supposed to be used with any user modification or with its tips inside the ear canals.

Simon
I use these;

[Image: 3m-e-a-r-classic-corded-earplugs-311-1081.jpg]

From 3M.  I like the cord, because I keep them hanging around my neck and I don't have to look for them when I need them.  The foam is a little denser than other foam plugs I've used.  Roll it between your index finger and thumb, stuff it in your ear.  It slowly expands to fill the ear canal and provides pretty good protection.  The softer plugs I've used expand too quickly and are hard to get a good fit, at least for me.  We've used these at work for many years.  I can buy them in bulk, through the company, so they are pretty cheap per pair.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?