Gast 1/4hp vacuum pump/fresh air respirator/ unused
I bought this 13 years ago and never used it. I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $600-700 for the pump, hoses and mask. Pretty sure today was the first time I ever took the mask out of the bag. The pump has never been run until today so the factory installed air filter should still be fine. It runs fine.

Gast 0523 series operation manual

The model# is 0523-P347-G588DX

I'll be the first to tell you "I know nothing about these machines"

But from what I understand it's generally used as a vacuum pump but also as a fresh air supply pump for fresh air respirators in a spray booth, which is what I bought it for.

Disclosure: There is possibly a part missing. Muffler/filter #8K8404 or 8K8404A. According to the linked manual above (pg.5-6), it didn't come with one but I have seen photos of this same unit with one installed. I don't recall mine coming with it.
There's air 2 hoses with it. One is short, about 6ft, the other is about 25ft. These aren't high pressure hoses if I remember correctly. They're intended to deliver low pressure air to the respirator.

$325 shipped in the lower 48 states. Pay-Pal or you can send me a check.

Dusty, but unused.
[Image: tjaEHwB.jpg]

[Image: yFeCnNy.jpg]

[Image: sVNBmLu.jpg]

[Image: N2OYnO1.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Snipe Hunter, I have used many of these type Gast pumps in the clean rooms at work. The filter that is missing is just there to cut down on noise. It’s a sintered brass filter about 1” long and 1/2” in diameter. Most are 1/4” NPT threads but some have 3/8” NPT. Our pumps were used as vacuum pumps, usually to clamp a silicon wafer to a vacuum chuck. The air in the clean room was extremely clean and very little air was going through the pump. Since yours is going to be used as a compressor and a lot of dirty air is going to go through the pump, the buyer will need to filter the intake air with a much better filter than the stock sintered metal part. One option would be to use a Phram PH3675 car oil filter with a reducing bushing and a short nipple. The PH3675 has 1/2” FNPT. The pressure side of your pump is already filtered. That filter is there to protect the user from dirty air and the residue of internal parts wearing.
Good info, thank you

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Alright... $275 shipped

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS