The name game (hardware name)
Some years ago I built a 2 drawer lateral file cabinet. I bought a catch set from Woodworker's Hardware that prevents both drawers being open at the same time, that is if one drawer was open, the other was locked. I need to build another and cannot find that piece of hardware. My question is: what is the correct name for that gizmo?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-23-2018, 07:28 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Some years ago I built a 2 drawer lateral file cabinet. I bought a catch set from Woodworker's Hardware that prevents both drawers being open at the same time, that is if one drawer was open, the other was locked. I need to build another and cannot find that piece of hardware. My question is: what is the correct name for that gizmo?
Fred, I think it's called anĀ Anti-Tip Interlock.
John
That's it, thanks so much John!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I would have bet on "thingamajig"
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!