utility sink options that don't cost so much
thanks Bob, that's perfect.  Maybe I can get a friend that works in Johnstown to pick it up for me.
(10-27-2018, 12:00 AM)EricU Wrote: thanks Bob, that's perfect.  Maybe I can get a friend that works in Johnstown to pick it up for me.

Whatever you do stay away from the concrete sinks like the one below, they tend to grow mold and bacteria once the finish is gone.  Against code here no idea what your locality accepts

[Image: 2016_03_06_17_13_48_w1200_h1200_ct_ccm.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I've found nice high end utility sinks at my local Habitat restore.   This is what I use for my shop sink.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I need to get up there to the Habitat store.  It's not close
If space isn't an issue, you could probably find an old bathtub for free.  I found a steel one that someone put out for garbage pickup. 

I had to build a stand to set it on, in order for it to gravity feed into my basement waste water line. 

A clearance priced kitchen faucet is mounted on one end which swivels out of the way.

A reverse osmosis water filtration system is now mounted behind and above the tub to make water for the aquarium.
My .02
Karl

space is definitely an issue.  Plus, I dont' think a bathtub would hang off a wall too well

but I think you owe us pictures of yours now
(11-02-2018, 01:06 AM)EricU Wrote: I need to get up there to the Habitat store.  It's not close

There's one in Bellefonte.
(10-25-2018, 04:46 AM)EricU Wrote: Our utility sink has been out for many years.  It sits above a sump, which I spent some time fixing up. The washing machine used to dump into the sump, which was great for dehumidifier usage.  Ran a drain line for the washer, but never got around to putting the sink back in. So I decided I wanted to wall mount the sink to facilitate occasional access to the sump.

I tried to order a Mustee wall-mounted utility sink from amazon a couple of times.  They refused to package it properly, and both sinks showed up with holes in them.  No good.  I know someone that ordered one  from HD, and had the same experience.  That got me thinking I really don't want a 15" deep plastic sink in the basement.  I just need a sink.  A mop sink would be ideal, enough height to get a 5 gallon bucket under the faucet, but not so deep.

Went looking for utility sinks, $500 is cheap for anything that isn't the standard plastic utility sink. I'm not sure I can get a tall faucet on a bathroom sink without more fabrication than I really want to get into.

Anyone else had this problem that found a solution?  $200-300 would be more like it.
Looks for Farmers Sink in big box stores. These sinks are size of Kitchen sink but deep almost double of regular sink.
Price varies , comes in stainless steel , composite, granite etc.
To install on the wall you need to be creative, use shelf brackets, 2 X 4 , steel angles etc.
that's a good idea, but finding one that's inexpensive is not that easy.

I'm thinking about giving up and ordering a Mustee wall mount from Home Depot.  I had to send two back to Amazon with holes.  At least with HD I can have it delivered to the store and return it right away if it has a hole in it. The problem is they are shipped in a form fitting box and nobody is smart enough to pack it in another box.  I know someone that did this with HD and it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't broken.
(12-06-2018, 11:11 AM)EricU Wrote: that's a good idea, but finding one that's inexpensive is not that easy.

I'm thinking about giving up and ordering a Mustee wall mount from Home Depot.  I had to send two back to Amazon with holes.  At least with HD I can have it delivered to the store and return it right away if it has a hole in it. The problem is they are shipped in a form fitting box and nobody is smart enough to pack it in another box.  I know someone that did this with HD and it took 3 tries to get one that wasn't broken.

I ordered a Mustee dual wall mount sink from Menards 2 years ago as part of a basement finishing project.   Maybe I was lucky, but it came through in pristine condition on the first try.  Price was well below $500, and I was able to order/purchase during one of their 11% sales even though it was a special order.  Delivery time to the store was about a week, if I recall properly.

Dave
MKM - Master Kindling Maker