Jack plane 8" radius blade
Glad to hear that he was willing to grind the blade for you. I just sent in an email asking about that. I have zero grinding skills and that could have something to do with the blade not fitting correctly. I think I'm going to talk to him about getting one of his blades. Thanks for the help!
Go to pbs.org..look up The Woodwright's Shop.    Then, in the episode history, look for "hand plane essentials"   Roy Underhill has Chris Schwarz on the show, explaining a few things about hand planes...keep an eye out, as you will see how to do a radius on a #5's iron....then watch as the freshly sharpened iron is put to work.
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
You should be able to fit a cambered blade in a Stanley without opening the mouth. The chip breaker will have to be positioned further away from the edge due to the chamber, but it will still perform as a jack/scrub plane just fine. I have 2 #5s, one with a chambered blade for hogging off material, and one with a hock blade for smoothing. I can switch the blades back and forth, but have to readjust the frogs if I do.
The jack plane I have with the 8" radius...
Cool  

And a look at what it does best.  And fastest
Winkgrin  

I have four jacks in the #5 size..
Cool  

The red one is a Corsair C-5...the other three? 

Stanley No. 5 and a pair of Millers Falls No. 14s....each is set up a little different, from the 8" radius down to ..none. 
There is also the "required" 5-1/2  Jumbo Jack..
Winkgrin 

Stanley No. 5-1/2, type 17...sitting between the Millers Falls No. 11 ( 5-1/4 size) and the #4 Frankenplane.   Neither have any camber.

Why change blades..when I can just change plane and all.....just grab and go..already set up, and waiting.
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that