Nova reversible chuck questions
I'm looking at getting a Nova Reversible chuck but I don't see one available for a 1 1/4" spindle, only 1x8"
Can an adapter be used with it without negating the reversibility, or will the adapter spin off when reversing?

Is there a lockable adapter available? I haven't seen one.

Thanks in advance.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(10-27-2018, 12:31 AM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: I'm looking at getting a Nova Reversible chuck but I don't see one available for a 1 1/4" spindle, only 1x8"
Can an adapter be used with it without negating the reversibility, or will the adapter spin off when reversing?

Thanks in advance.

It should spin off of the adapter, while the adapter remains tight.  No free lunch.  Why do you want reverse?  You a leftie?
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Gregory of Sherwood ForestI'm looking at getting a Nova Reversible chuck but I don't see one available for a 1 1/4" spindle, only 1x8"

Thanks in advance.

Look for a chuck that says insert type in the product description. Then you'd want this guy:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/NOVA-1-1-4-8.../204488322

There's a set screw that locks the insert to the chuck and a second set screw that you can use in the insert to lock it to the lathe. You can see the set screw in the insert in the pic at the link. I think this applies to all Nova chucks but am not 100% sure about the basic one. Its how the supernova 2 works for sure.

PS: I have no idea what that switched to ital in the middle of the sentence but it won't let me change it back.
That's good news, then.

I want to use it outboard on my General lathe.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com