I need a new sander...help!
I have to retire my PC 7336 6" random orbit sander.   It was fantastic...I could do major flattening of surfaces as well as fine sanding work.   Read the reviews for it's replacement 6" unit and they were not good.  Many made the comparisons between my old one and the new PC products.   Many complained about shaft breaking and inferior internals that failed in 12 months.   SO>>>> what do you all suggest I purchase to replace the 6" unit?
Looked like a couple old ones on ebay. That sanders body is same as the 5" 7335.. Anyway may be other models that get you another old one.

What did you break on yours?

If you want new different try festool this go or mirka.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

What is your budget?  The best of breed 6" "angle grinder" dual mode sander is arguably the Festool Rotex but the Makita BO6050J isn't far behind for a lot less money.
Are the worn out parts still available?

I love my PC 7336's -- hope they keep running!
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(10-27-2018, 01:20 PM)AlanS Wrote: I have to retire my PC 7336 6" random orbit sander.   It was fantastic...I could do major flattening of surfaces as well as fine sanding work.   Read the reviews for it's replacement 6" unit and they were not good.  Many made the comparisons between my old one and the new PC products.   Many complained about shaft breaking and inferior internals that failed in 12 months.   SO>>>> what do you all suggest I purchase to replace the 6" unit?

I can recommend the Bosch 1250 DEVS .  I've had mine since 2006.  It's a tank of a sander and it has pretty good DC if hooked up to a vac as well.  Current amazon link here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001408SO/ref=dp_prsubs_3
I have a Ridgid 5" orbital sander and it cuts faster and has better dust extraction than my old Porter Cable (which died way too soon).

The soft start has a delay that is so long that I frequently check to see if I fully depressed the switch (my only complaint).

They make a 6" version too for $116.00.  I would assume it is as well made as the 5".

https://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-R2611-Sand...ref=sr_1_2

The new 5" Ridgid comes with a molded plastic container for the dust (mine has a fabric bag).  They claim improved dust collection (which is already very good). 

Just $60.00 (with a good guarantee).

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-5-in-.../100053683
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Milwaukee 3 Amp Corded 5 in. Random Orbit Palm Sander
Model# 6034-21

Has served me well.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green