Laguna cflux cyclone issue?
Getting lots of dust n wood shavings in bag below filter. Emailed n called laguna...no response in 3 weeks. Running 5 foot 4inch hose to machine or to 4inch PVC pipe. Any thoughts? Thanks....Bill
(10-27-2018, 02:06 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Getting lots of dust n wood shavings in bag below filter. Emailed n called laguna...no response in 3 weeks. Running 5 foot 4inch hose to machine or  to 4inch PVC pipe. Any thoughts? Thanks....Bill

That is one of the primary problems with that unit.

I have been hesitant to buy one because of it.  I hope you find a solution.
It seems that cyclone is short and wide in order to fit under a ceiling, and that probably leads to its less efficient capture.  You could try adding a Thien baffle to the cyclone outlet.
I'm a little puzzled by your problem. I've had my Laguna C Flux3 3HP for about a year now. The only time I've ever gotten dust in the filter bag is when I let the main bag over fill. This has been an excellent dust collector for me.
That's a common issue from what I found in my research. IIRC there is a part that they can send that you attach to the exit hole in the cyclone that improves the problem. I think Matt cremona did that in one of his youtube videos. But yea...paying that much for a unit, it's less than optimal. That why I bought oneida and likely will buy from noone else ever again.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

I have the 2hp unit and called Laguna and they sent the part for free. Cremona did mention in a video he did about his cyclone.
War Eagle!
Here is the link with the part update talked about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wtI_BJruAc
Called laguna n that bar is on the way. Will let u know how it works.
Came late to the thread. Installed a 3hp CFlux for at a client’s. Had the same issue, got the new part in and it seemed to solve the issue.

I thought the CFlux drew really well for a 3hp unit, but Dear Lord, it is LOUD.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
The newer ones come with the bar already, but it's purpose is not mentioned in the suboptimal instruction set. I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out what it did and where it might fit before I gave up and went to the internet. So you may have the bar already depending on how old your unit is. Does it's thing. I wasn't limited by ceiling space (freakish 12 - 15' ceilings), but needed something very specifically that I could wheel out of my standard sized garage door. I use it in what is likely the worst possible way, with an entire octopus of flex hose mounted directly to the inlet, and it still works pretty well for it's limitations.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!