Experience with AAW Grants
Does anyone have experience with the AAW grants, specifically the lathe grants?  I'm thinking of applying for one for our local maker's space.  I've taught a turning class there on their poor lathe, and it'd be nice to get a decent lathe for folks.

I'm curious how likely a lathe for maker's space would be, as opposed to a turning club for example.  There are no turning clubs in a 90 mile (maybe more) radius from me.  I'd really like to build a turning community, and there was strong interest in the class that I taught, but the lathe really sucked.
I would say go for it, also contact AAW for the form and ask them how to fill it out properly.  If anything is wrong it will not go thru.

I knew someone there awhile back and they were going to help me with grant to go to the AAW in Kansas City MO but I had to back out since I ended up getting sick and going in the hospital and did not know when if I could go/
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks Arlin. I’m definitely going to apply. Our Makerspace has a donated lathe that isn’t very good. I taught a class there and it was fun. But I don’t want to teach another class until they get a new lathe.