Dunlop Lathe
This evening I am going to take a look at a Dunlop Lathe
This comes with motor, I am told that the motor works.
This guy is reseller, I have purchased tools from him before without any issue.
He is asking $ 75. is it worth?
Any issues with Dunlop lathe that I should be aware of 
Here are the pictures.

Attached Files Image(s)

(10-29-2018, 09:08 AM)Jack01 Wrote: This evening I am going to take a look at a Dunlop Lathe
Here are the pictures.

Looks like sleeve bearings. Make sure they are tight but not bound up. I think those were once sold through Sears.
(10-29-2018, 09:08 AM)Jack01 Wrote: This evening I am going to take a look at a Dunlop Lathe
Here are the pictures.

Looks like the standard design of the times.  Times being 40's, perhaps.  What's the capacity over the bed?  I would think 9" was common.  http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs/det...x?id=16351 Other than the bearings, it sure would be nice if you could get the (#1) Morse tapers out without too much trouble.  I'd offer a tad less, but if he won't budge....

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/mfgIndex...spx?id=269  Made by Atlas, probably.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
It should be a good starter lathe.  Actually better than what I'm currently using.  Dunlap was Sears' second line of tools with Craftsman being their best.  Dunlap tools were generally older designs or didn't have as many features as Craftsman branded tools.
That one looks like it was built by Atlas, possibly Power King in the early 40s and should be a well made lathe.  If it still has it's model number a 101 prefix would mean Atlas, I think Power King might be 531.
VintageMachinery.org may have a manual.
Sears lathes generally used a 3/4x16 thread on the head stock and #1 Morse tapers.  Finding accessories shouldn't be a problem.
My self I would walk away. The first lathe I had was a piece of junk. Nearly turned me away from the hobby of turning and staying on flatwork. With today's technologies I would wait for a more modern version to come along.  The oil cup bearings are a messy nuisance.
I say go for it. For $75, can't go wrong. With the broken belt, one would have to remove the shaft to replace the belt, not uncommon with some lathes. However, using a link belt would alleviate that problem.

GM
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
(10-29-2018, 09:08 AM)Jack01 Wrote: This could be a nice little lathe, similar to the Delta Milwaukee lathes. However, I got a closeup inspection of the new Laguna small lathe at a show last week and it's a total winner. If can scrape together 750.00 it will do you much better AND if you decide not to continue turning the resale value will be great.
(10-30-2018, 04:50 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: I say go for it.  For $75, can't go wrong.  With the broken belt, one would have to remove the shaft to replace the belt, not uncommon with some lathes.  However, using a link belt would alleviate that problem.

GM
I'm with GM...Think of it as how many Big Macs and fries 75 bucks will buy...and you can usually get your money out of it if you decide to upgrade...can't do that with a Big Mac.....when it's gone...it's GONE....
Winkgrin
Big Grin

Plus, you will like a link belt!!!!

One tip...make sure the set screws holding the step pulley is tight..OK TWO tips...Do not use too much oil in the cups..it only takes a few drops...The bushings are charged with oil already..you will just be helping to replenish them.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset