Back in the game
Greetings all!

Surprised and somewhat astonished to realise it's about 20 months since I last posted here. I'm not quite sure what happened but one day I locked up the shop and didn't go back. No real reason... some minor health issues, a cold spring, a missing mojo - whatever. But I've been hankering after it lately, the shop is sitting there waiting, and the mojo may have returned! Certainly, there's a blanket chest waiting patiently for hinges to be fitted.

Good to see so many old familiar names still posting, and to see some of you still on the right side of the turf - hi, Jack!. To those of you who blog, I have been faithfully following - hi, Bibliophile Steve! And to everyone else, I'm looking forward to catching up with your recent adventures, tool rehabs, and estate sale and flea market plundering.
Welcome back!

====
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Indeed, welcome back!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(10-29-2018, 09:24 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Indeed, welcome back!!

Ditto, life intervenes but we always wander back.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Glad to see you here, Pete! I probably post on the blog more than I do here now, which is funny because I originally started the blog in order to archive some of the posts I made here. Things do change.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
I was in the same boat! Glad you are back as well.
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Cheers, fellas.

It'll take me a while to get to the project work... there'll be a major cleanup first, followed by a significant round of tool sharpening, I reckon.
Yes
Welcome back, you haven't missed much except Popular Woodworking went downhill and Fine Woodworking wants an arm and a leg for their online content. haha
Laugh
(11-01-2018, 05:35 PM)mvflaim Wrote: Welcome back, you haven't missed much except Popular Woodworking went downhill and Fine Woodworking wants an arm and a leg for their online content. haha
Laugh

I'm sure I've missed a great many things, but those weren't among them! I did enjoy your blog post on the subject, however
Wink .

Magazines on all subjects are suffering in the Internet age - I used to buy a magazine a day on subjects that interested me, like music, photography, astronomy, model-making - and I think it will get worse before it gets better. But I'm a great believer in curated content, and I think paper publishing will return, eventually. (Full disclosure: I was a journalist in IT publishing for 30 years but I've been retired for a while - no skin in the game now!)
(10-29-2018, 08:06 PM)PeteW Wrote: Greetings all!

Surprised and somewhat astonished to realise it's about 20 months since I last posted here. I'm not quite sure what happened but one day I locked up the shop and didn't go back. No real reason... some minor health issues, a cold spring, a missing mojo - whatever. But I've been hankering after it lately, the shop is sitting there waiting, and the mojo may have returned! Certainly, there's a blanket chest waiting patiently for hinges to be fitted.

Good to see so many old familiar names still posting, and to see some of you still on the right side of the turf - hi, Jack!. To those of you who blog, I have been faithfully following - hi, Bibliophile Steve! And to everyone else, I'm looking forward to catching up with your recent adventures, tool rehabs, and estate sale and flea market plundering.
Hi back atcha Pete...Great to see you posting again...Keep it up !!!
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset