Exacalibur Elite Dado blade
Sad 
Oh, no!

I lost a tooth on my 3-blade Sear's Craftsman Excalibur Elite Dado blade. 
Upset

Anybody got any helpful hints on where to get it fixed?
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Any good sharpening service can put new teeth on a blade.  Forrest, or Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY, or a lot of others.
(10-30-2018, 04:41 PM)joespehar Wrote: Any good sharpening service can put new teeth on a blade.  Forrest, or Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY, or a lot of others.

What he said^^^^^^^. Easy-peasy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If you want to keep it "local"--you're a ways out there in Atlantic--Loveless Machine in North Omaha does my sharpening.  It's not a "while you wait" proposition, but I like their work.  Their website says they'll repair carbide teeth.  Loveless also has a number of industrial customers; they know what they're doing.  The place ain't much to look at, but they get it done.
(10-31-2018, 05:53 AM)WxMan Wrote: If you want to keep it "local"--you're a ways out there in Atlantic--Loveless Machine in North Omaha does my sharpening.  It's not a "while you wait" proposition, but I like their work.  Their website says they'll repair carbide teeth.  Loveless also has a number of industrial customers; they know what they're doing.  The place ain't much to look at, but they get it done.

Thank You!!!!!!

I get to Omaha about once every couple of weeks (tomorrow will be the second time in a week to the VA and a house remodel in Council Bluffs).

I will drop by their location and see what they can do for me.  I bookmarked their website.

With only one tooth missing - and in the middle of 702 puzzle parts for this year's Christmas presents, it looks like it will have to wait until January.  
Big Grin

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
(10-31-2018, 07:04 AM)6270_Productions Wrote: Thank You!!!!!!

I get to Omaha about once every couple of weeks (tomorrow will be the second time in a week to the VA and a house remodel in Council Bluffs).

I will drop by their location and see what they can do for me.  I bookmarked their website.

With only one tooth missing - and in the middle of 702 puzzle parts for this year's Christmas presents, it looks like it will have to wait until January.  
Big Grin

Good deal!

Two weeks between visits is certainly enough time to allow between drop-off and pickup, in my experience.  I took a dozen router bits in last time and they did them all at an average of about $6 per bit.  I have no idea how that stacks to other places, but I do know I can't replace them for that.  Think I paid about $130 to have those bits and four saw blades sharpened.

I'd call first just to confirm they do what you want.  But their web site says they do.  When you go in the front door of the shop, you'll step in straight into their production facility, so don't be intimidated.  They have a mix of computer-controlled machines and old school stuff.  Last time I was there, they had the biggest knives laying out I'd ever seen.  They looked like jointer knives, except they were about 10 feet long, 6 inches across and about 1" thick.  And they guy who helped me was obviously one of their techs.  But he was still a great help and friendly.  Gotta love it when you walk into the shop and the techs are obviously customer-oriented, even for amateurs like me.
If replacing a tooth on a dado stack, you will likely need to bring in not only the blade with a missing tooth, but also the rest of the stack. They will want to sharpen the whole thing so as to match the cut of all the blades and chippers.
(10-31-2018, 11:50 AM)Alan S Wrote: If replacing a tooth on a dado stack, you will likely need to bring in not only the blade with a missing tooth, but also the rest of the stack.  They will want to sharpen the whole thing so as to match the cut of all the blades and chippers.

Yes.

It has been a busy morning.

I completed the 702 puzzle pieces and have the complete dado set packed in its original plastic carrying case ready to go to the "big city" tomorrow.

I will let everybody know how it turns out.

Stay tuned.