PM Email Notification
PM Email Notification, That is you get an Email when you get a Private Message.

Is there any one that has it working or is it just a thing of the past we gave up for the upgrade ?
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
(10-31-2018, 08:58 AM)Woodshop Wrote: PM Email Notification, That is you get an Email when you get a Private Message.

Is there any one that has it working or is it just a thing of the past we gave up for the upgrade ?

I don't use it, but go to User CP, Edit Options, Messaging and Notifications, then click the box notify by email, and be sure to hit Update Options after you scroll to the bottom.  Make sure you have a good email address.  If you've done all that, maybe it does not work.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-31-2018, 08:58 AM)Woodshop Wrote: PM Email Notification, That is you get an Email when you get a Private Message.

PM notification? He//, I'd be happy to get posting notifications. Of all the forums I belong to, this is the only one that can't even get that working!
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
If everything is ck'ed correctly in your settings, it does work.
Mine all works, though the notifications are not instant. I've had them to show up 3 days later.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Mine works, but I keep getting annoying offers for plans.
Semper fi,
Brad

(10-31-2018, 10:07 AM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: Mine works, but I keep getting annoying offers for plans.

Those come through with google groups. I got rid of Ted/Bryan there for a while, but he's/they are back in full force. They hit my spam box almost daily now.
Mad
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have everything set up properly. When they did their update everything just stopped. If there are new settings I can’t find them.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(10-31-2018, 10:26 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Those come through with google groups. I got rid of Ted/Bryan there for a while, but he's/they are back in full force. They hit my spam box almost daily now.
Mad

Oddly, I've gotten a couple of them recently, and at the bottom it says it's because I'm a member of some Google group (with an unsubscribe link which I won't click on).  I switched my email for this site to gmail not too long ago, but I've gotten no such emails there, and I'm getting the plans offers on my old email which I used to use for this site.  And I'm not a member of any google group, confirmed by going to 'my groups' or whatever google calls it.  

Annoying. 
Angry
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Very annoying. I've never been in a google group either.
But the previous round of spam (several months ago) I checked those groups, and low and behold, I was listed on a sub group, which I never signed up for. I unchecked that box, and Bryan/Ted went away.

But I'm back to getting the spam again, and I ck'ed the goggle groups, and I'm not on any of them.
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(10-31-2018, 09:17 AM)Admiral Wrote: I don't use it, but go to User CP, Edit Options, Messaging and Notifications, then click the box notify by email, and be sure to hit Update Options after you scroll to the bottom.  Make sure you have a good email address.  If you've done all that, maybe it does not work.

Never has worked for me after the upgrade, and I believe I have all the options set correctly.