PM Email Notification
(10-31-2018, 07:27 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Very annoying. I've never been in a google group either.
But the previous round of spam (several months ago) I checked those groups, and low and behold, I was listed on a sub group, which I never signed up for. I unchecked that box, and Bryan/Ted went away.

But I'm back to getting the spam again, and I ck'ed the goggle groups, and I'm not on any of them.

Yeah I was on Ted's list as well, probably still am. But, I've never been in a G group, don't even have an account. He just added me to it. I contacted G and their response was that they are not responsible for their groups and have no way to remove me from one. Yeah, the company who burrows deep into everyone else's business can't do anything about their own users.

I have a "rule" set up in Apple's mail program to just toss everything he sends into junk then delete it.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(10-31-2018, 09:17 AM)Admiral Wrote: I don't use it, but go to User CP, Edit Options, Messaging and Notifications, then click the box notify by email, and be sure to hit Update Options after you scroll to the bottom.  Make sure you have a good email address.  If you've done all that, maybe it does not work.

Yep, I have them all set correct and nothing. Even changed email address to a gmail , still nothing
Upset , others told me they log in daily to check, because it never works for them either.
I was a nice feature with the old software.
Raised  I think they have had time to get it working
Rolleyes
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop