Ryobi BP42 backpack blower
Junk. Do not buy.

When we moved in to our house four years ago my father-in-law gave us a leaf blower as a housewarming gift. The first year, it worked well. The second year, it struggled under throttle, and would die if you didn't "feather" it up to full throttle. The third year, the carburetor needed cleaning and the plug needed replacing, and the throttle was highly unreliable. The air filter was replaced twice.

This year, I've cleaned the carburetor, replaced the carburetor, replaced the air filter, cleaned the fuel lines, replaced the plug, and I now have to adjust the carburetor almost every time I try to use it. In doing a bit of searching, Consumer Reports shows that these problems are extremely common with this blower. 

I bought an Echo as my chainsaw and string trimmer have been flawless for years. I hope it works out. But if anybody's considering a "budget" blower this fall season please be aware this Ryobi is a massive failure.
How do you store it off season?

Have you used ethanol free fuel and a good 2 cycle oil (I have been using Amsoil Saber as it has good stabilizers in it too...it says you can use it at 100:1, but I stick with 50:1)?

Those things make a big difference... not saying they will keep a low quality engine in pristine shape, just that they help newer 2 cycles that are made with tighter tolerances than older ones were.
(11-04-2018, 08:05 AM)JosephP Wrote: How do you store it off season?

Have you used ethanol free fuel and a good 2 cycle oil (I have been using Amsoil Saber as it has good stabilizers in it too...it says you can use it at 100:1, but I stick with 50:1)?

Those things make a big difference...  not saying they will keep a low quality engine in pristine shape, just that they help newer 2 cycles that are made with tighter tolerances than older ones were.

I run it dry, then add stabilizing fuel. We don't have a very long off season here, especially for leaf blowers (maybe 2-3 months).

I use ethanol-free fuel almost all the time (the expensive premixed stuff) so I don't think fuel is an issue. As mentioned, I have never had a problem with any other piece of equipment, though none of that is Ryobi either.