Router Plane Tuneup
I’ve been using my LN large router plane quite a lot lately (sliding dovetail practice) and
I have noticed that the blade seems to be loosening on its own.  The blade tightening thumb screw, which is brass, contacts the blade shank on the shanks edge, which provided a very narrow and sharp bearing surface.  This has resulted in a mangled screw tip, and sub-optimal contact between the screw and the  blade.  I decided to increase the flat on the edge of the blade shank to make it wider than the tip of the screw, to reduce the damage to the screw tip each time it is tightened.  It turns out that the blade shank fits perfectly on the Tormek.  It took no more than 10 minutes to grind down the flat to about an 1/8” wide.  I then took the screw and ground a somewhat rounded point, to further improve contact with the blade.  It seems to have done the trick: no more self-loosening blade.  I applied some general purpose lithium grease to the threads of the screw, and it works like a champ.  

Looks like a good fix.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've found that there are always tweaks that address issues that come up with use, no matter who made the tool. Nothing is perfect, that I've learned.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Awesome post. A simple fix to a common problem. Thanks for sharing.