Picked up a Domino 700
(11-10-2018, 09:47 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: And why did they get their hand slapped ???

BECAUSE OF POSTS JUST LIKE THIS 
Rolleyes

Festool is not stupid or meek.  If you blatantly and publicly flaunt the cracks in the system - how long do you think they'll be available to others ?  Pretty selfish of you now that you have your lifetime's supply of Dominos.  But not great for those that might want product going forward.  It was exactly posts like this that got Axminster's easy process canned.

You might consider redacting your post and dispensing the advice in a Private Mail so that the channels remain open in the future.  "Secret" deals don't remain very long if people run their mouths in public.   By all means, pass on the info.  Just be careful where you advertise.

Heres the deal, I have been talking about this for years, on FOG, SMC and other forums AFAIK I am the first to start to illuminate these options.  If you have been benefitting from this in all likelihood one of my posts or posts using the information is the very reason you know about it.  I have posted detailed posts talking people through every aspect of finding the best deal and searching Amazon in the correct way.  If I were selfish I would have never mentioned it, I do however keep a couple of sources to myself, ones I made face to face in Germany.  I am probably the very reason Axminster got chopped, it happened shortly after I made a long post on a forum about some things (like MFTs) that even shipped were a great deal.  Amazon.de just happens to be a simple rather cheap way to buy some things Festool and for whatever reason Festool has not bothered to cut them off.  I understand the idea of now "I" know about it so shut up but right or wrong that is not how I work, I will help as many people as I can as long as these options are viable.  

Currently, the 500 assortment is available, neither 700 assortment is with a caveat.  The 12/14 set is but it is limited to Prime members, in the past a US Prime membership allowed me to purchase Prime only products from Amazon.de (but not now) the option might be to use the Try Prime for free for 30 days and then drop it after the purchase if you want the 12/14 set.  Note the prices are in Euros which is about 1.13 dollars currently but Amazon's number is usually a couple cents more.  The prices you see include VAT so shipping outside Europe that drops off.  To give an example the 500 set is priced at $167 euros, once VAT is off, shipping is in and the conversion is done (1.17 dollars to Euros currently at Amazon) the total price is $187 compared to $330 in the US.  BTW I use my US Amazon account and it logs in with my US info and has all my addresses, CCs etc.
(11-10-2018, 06:44 PM)Huxleywood Wrote: Heres the deal, I have been talking about this for years, on FOG, SMC and other forums AFAIK I am the first to start to illuminate these options.  If you have been benefitting from this in all likelihood one of my posts or posts using the information is the very reason you know about it.  I have posted detailed posts talking people through every aspect of finding the best deal and searching Amazon in the correct way.  If I were selfish I would have never mentioned it, I do however keep a couple of sources to myself, ones I made face to face in Germany.  I am probably the very reason Axminster got chopped, it happened shortly after I made a long post on a forum about some things (like MFTs) that even shipped were a great deal.  Amazon.de just happens to be a simple rather cheap way to buy some things Festool and for whatever reason Festool has not bothered to cut them off.  I understand the idea of now "I" know about it so shut up but right or wrong that is not how I work, I will help as many people as I can as long as these options are viable.  

Currently, the 500 assortment is available, neither 700 assortment is with a caveat.  The 12/14 set is but it is limited to Prime members, in the past a US Prime membership allowed me to purchase Prime only products from Amazon.de (but not now) the option might be to use the Try Prime for free for 30 days and then drop it after the purchase if you want the 12/14 set.  Note the prices are in Euros which is about 1.13 dollars currently but Amazon's number is usually a couple cents more.  The prices you see include VAT so shipping outside Europe that drops off.  To give an example the 500 set is priced at $167 euros, once VAT is off, shipping is in and the conversion is done (1.17 dollars to Euros currently at Amazon) the total price is $187 compared to $330 in the US.  BTW I use my US Amazon account and it logs in with my US info and has all my addresses, CCs etc.

Thanks for the explanation, just picked up the last 500 assortment available.
(11-10-2018, 11:49 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: Kidding me? Discussing something that is an open secret in the Festool world would result in a negative response from Festool? The Festool Forum (funded by Festool) has gone over this .de thing before.

Simon

Not at all.    Festool aggressively protects their markets and pricing structure.

This is not "i read on the internet" bs.  Try and order a festool product in the U.S. from Axminister in England and tell us the response you receive.  They'll happily sell you anything else out their inventory and speedily quote you a price and shipping.  But no longer festool product.

.................and I take tea, my dear.

Huxley - sorry, but you're not the reason I know about these sources.  I've been using this stuff since it was named Festo and basically sold out of the trunk of a car in the USA.  I was one of the first members of the FOG, long before they strongarmed it away from its founder on yahoo.  I also travel to London/Europe a few times a year and lived in Germany for a while. So, I'll wager my network of purveyors dwarfs even yours.

I'm not looking for a pissin match.  I'm not telling you to keep the secret(s) to yourself.  What I am suggesting is that you pass on the deal details in private, rather than giving Festool a roadmap for plugging up their distribution holes.  It's not your intent, it's your delivery.
My kidding me question was about your asking people to redact....

I don't care what Festool would do or would not do to any particular vendor selling its products, but under no circumstances would I listen to anyone telling me to undo what I may have said in an open forum like this one.

As I said, Festool knows about the amazon.de deal.

Simon