WTB Small piece of Chery or Walnut plywood
Yesterday, 10:42 PM   

Hi, I'm working on a Christmas project and I need a piece of 1/4" thick cherry or walnut plywood that measures 24" X 24" with one good face. If anyone has some scrap that they want to sell, pm me.  

I can buy a sheet of 4' X 8" 1/4" cherry plywood, but I don't need anywhere near that much and this might be a chance to gain a little extra Christmas $$. I'll cover shipping, of course to 19711.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
Home Depot actually sells 2x2 and 2x4 (and 4x4 too) panels of cherry and walnut plywood. Probably cheaper to just get it from them than what retail shipping would be from an individual. Online only
-Marc

(11-05-2018, 01:17 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: Home Depot actually sells 2x2 and 2x4 (and 4x4 too) panels of cherry and walnut plywood. Probably cheaper to just get it from them than what retail shipping would be from an individual. Online only

Thanks - I didn't think about HD. The last time I was in there, looking at lumber, they only had wet, twisted boards and plywood that looked like it fell off the train on the way to the store. I'll check their online site and see what they've got.

I thought this might be an opportunity for a Woodnetter to get a little extra Christmas $$, but time's a wastin; so I'd better get on this. Lots to do before Christmas.
Jim

Yeah they lumber is crap but the hardwood plywood they sell online is actually decent for the price. It’s not available in stores but iirc it’s a flat $7 shipping to your house. I’ve ordered 3/4” walnut and 1/2” cherry 2x4 panels before and have been satisfied. It’s good for small projects, if you’re going to use a full sheet then I suspect you’re better off paying more a full sheet from a supplier.
-Marc

(11-06-2018, 10:19 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: Yeah they lumber is crap but the hardwood plywood they sell online is actually decent for the price. It’s not available in stores but iirc it’s a flat $7 shipping to your house. I’ve ordered 3/4” walnut and 1/2” cherry 2x4 panels before and have been satisfied. It’s good for small projects, if you’re going to use a full sheet then I suspect you’re better off paying more a full sheet from a supplier.

Yep - just ordered a piece from them, it should be here later this week. We'll see how it goes.
Jim