Table Rehab...but what kind of wood is it?
(11-06-2018, 03:09 PM)Roly Wrote: Look up box elder wood.   Roly

Box elder is a type of maple.  The red down on the right does look like box elder when the cut is fresh.  And it does turn brown with time.
Can't believe someone painted that beautiful table.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Nice table. Looking at those breadboard ends with the diamond inlays, its clear that someone had a quality build in mind. The pink does appear like boxelder but the darker brown sure doesn’t. At least up here about all you see in boxelder is creamy white with occasional pink. If you get into the heart it splits and cracks so its always boxed out when sawing. I’d say its some exotic wood, but can’t imagine someone would paint a rosewood table.