Christmas bowl
Photo 
I’ve started working on more woodworking Christmas projects. I just finished this bowl. It’s made from hard maple cutoffs and a piece of bloodwood. It is 8” in diameter and 1 3/4” tall and has three coats of Formby's high gloss tung oil. I still have two more in the works.
Thanks for looking...

[Image: 45741816241_4da815aac3_m.jpg]
I can not see the picture.  Do not know if it is my computer or not.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-05-2018, 07:12 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I can not see the picture.  Do not know if it is my computer or not.

Fixed, I hope. Google photos seems to always give me grief.
I put it on Flickr and it seems to show up ok for me.
works for me.Nice looking bowl.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
that's very nice. I have a design in my head for something similar. I was thinking of cutting a block in half in a wavy line and seeing if I could do a glueup with a bent piece to follow the curve. it may be that I cut it, then I soak the contrasting piece to soften it, then I clamp everything until the contrast dries in the shape I need, then I glue it up.
Well that looks pretty nice.  I did a small plate for my wife kind of like that.  On the left side I made two cuts about 3/4" apart and glued it together.  When it was dry I did it again but horizontal and on the upper part about 2" from the top and in two lines 3/4" apart again.  It looked really neat and if I get time to find it I will take a picture.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Really nice bowl! I'd be proud of that.