Removing paint n varnish?
Any particular liquid remover work better than others?
(11-06-2018, 03:11 PM)Bill Mains Wrote: Any particular liquid remover work better than others?

KleanStrip Premium, if you can still buy it, works really well on paint, varnish, etc.  But be sure to follow the H&S recommendations.  If you want to use something less toxic you might consider TotalStrip.

John
Wear eye protection, gloves, long sleeve shirt.  

I stripped a garage door of about 15 coats of paint.  The stuff above eye level was a problem becasuse it would fall on me when I scraped it off.  

I used the "heavy duty" stuff (definitely not environmentally friendly).  It worked fine, but required two applications.  You need to wash this stuff off completely before paint.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
+1 on KleanStrip Premium. Around here you can get it almost anywhere.
A heat gun will work too.  But it is best on small scale projects.
Watch (2 minutes):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz5AzTj5ldU
You can use a stiff-bristled scrub brush to remove varnish from fancy, curved details.
Anyone have any experience with the soy based strippers that are non-toxic? I've been needing to do some stripping on some indoor built-ins and need something that is non-toxic, especially given I have two little kids around the house.