Bureaucrats raise their ugly rules again
County Planning and Zoning let me build my shop (which just passed the final inspection) because I promised to build my house as soon as I got the shop finished.

Now they've sent me a nasty letter complaining that I haven't started the footers and the permit they so generously let me have will expire 30 Nov.

But today we talked to a banker and she let us know they won't do a construction loan on a house if we've already got the footers poured.

So who do you make happy? 
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused

LOML says she'll go talk to them.  She knows a lady that works there and I might have a bit of an attitude if I went
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(11-06-2018, 03:35 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: County Planning and Zoning let me build my shop (which just passed the final inspection) because I promised to build my house as soon as I got the shop finished.

Now they've sent me a nasty letter complaining that I haven't started the footers and the permit they so generously let me have will expire 30 Nov.

But today we talked to a banker and she let us know they won't do a construction loan on a house if we've already got the footers poured.

So who do you make happy? 
Confused
Confused
Confused
Confused

LOML says she'll go talk to them.  She knows a lady that works there and I might have a bit of an attitude if I went
Rolleyes

Good idea to let LOYL go talk...righteous indignation don't go far with those bureaucrats.  You can't kill the bureaucracy because it won't stay dead.
(11-06-2018, 03:35 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: County Planning and Zoning let me build my shop (which just passed the final inspection) because I promised to build my house as soon as I got the shop finished.

I knew this day was coming back in the spring when you said "I had to assure them I'd build a shop as soon as I finished the shop"

August 21st you posted "Passed the final inspection"

2.5 months ago you passed the final inspection. Just today you talked to the bank about a construction loan.

Back in April I asked what recourse the county had if you didn't build the shop, you didn't respond.

What happens if the bank won't finance the loan?

I'm only interested because I felt from the beginning you had no intention of building the house.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(11-06-2018, 03:59 PM)CLETUS Wrote: I'm only interested because I felt from the beginning you had no intention of building the house.

Sorry, but we are seriously planning to build.  I wanted the shop finished so I could store stuff and pre-cut and apply finish to materials like trim.  

Problem is that last spring was super wet and nobody could start houses, then it cleared up and everybody was committed to houses contracted last year.

So I'm ready to dig the footers but now the bank is the problem. 

Update:  LOML just called.  They will extend the deadline to April.  
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(11-06-2018, 04:14 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Update:  LOML just called.  They will extend the deadline to April.   

Good to hear... We're in the process of getting quotes... Sounds like everyone has enough work to carry them through mid summer next year.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I think they really just want to make sure you're going to build a house, so it's not too surprising they are lenient on extensions.

There is a basement of a house near here, they never even got around to pouring the floors.  It was for sale for a while, it's really nice layout.  Wonder what happened. Probably been sitting for at least 10 years at this point
I'd make the bank happy first, if you have to borrow.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Is this the first you've thought of a loan?  Does it take 24 days to get a loan?

What happens if the permit expires?  Just have to pay for a new one or will you not be able to get one?  That would seem like an odd way to pursue vengeance "you said you'd build a house when you were done with your shop...that is the only reason we let you build your shop.  Now since you aren't building a house quick enough, you can't....so basically we'll have let you build  your shop without a house which is what we said you can't do"?????
(11-06-2018, 04:18 PM)CLETUS Wrote: Good to hear... We're in the process of getting quotes... Sounds like everyone has enough work to carry them through mid summer next year.

I know a guy that has enough work for 18-24 months, unless he can find more help, and all the good help is already working.  I would not try to find a builder at this point, because anyone who is not already booked likely does not have a good reputation.  If you already have one lined up, and are on their list, you are fine.  Just saying.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(11-06-2018, 04:14 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Update:  LOML just called.  They will extend the deadline to April.  
Rolleyes

That's good news...especially after all the BS you went through when all this started.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.