Grinder quit?
Side grinder quit. Not a big deal, only a $10 Harbor Fright so no great loss. I decided to see why it quit before tossing it so took it to the workshop. First check the motor brushes. Found the plastic brush retainer screws were loose. Tightened them up and grinder runs fine. 
Cool

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Cool.

My cheapo $16 HF oscillating multi-tool came with spare brushes when I bought it.  It's never quit on me, so I haven't had a chance to use 'em.
(11-08-2018, 08:38 AM)Foggy Wrote: Side grinder quit. Not a big deal, only a $10 Harbor Fright so no great loss. I decided to see why it quit before tossing it so took it to the workshop. First check the motor brushes. Found the plastic brush retainer screws were loose. Tightened them up and grinder runs fine. 
Cool

I bought 2 of those about 15 years ago. I just now opened the second one up.

Decent grinders for being so cheap. And I've got extra brushes in the boxes also.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Similar experience here.   

First is easily 20, and the second one's been setting on the shelf for maybe 5 years now.  The old one has been used at least once or twice a week, for ever it seems, but it just won't die!!