Stanley 101 block plane dating
There are some great guides out there to determine the type and age of Stanley bench planes, but I can't find anything for planes beyond No. 1-8.

I have a 101 block plane I'd like to date and now that I think bout it a 75 bullnose too. Does anyone have a link they could point me too?

I could also use a guide to hand braces too. I have a bunch I want to sell and I know some are $1, some $10 and some $100, but I don't know the difference.
(11-10-2018, 06:02 PM)ahartung Wrote: There are some great guides out there to determine the type and age of Stanley bench planes, but I can't find anything for planes beyond No. 1-8.

I have a 101 block plane I'd like to date and now that I think bout it a 75 bullnose too. Does anyone have a link they could point me too?

I could also use a guide to hand braces too. I have a bunch I want to sell and I know some are $1, some $10 and some $100, but I don't know the difference.

Type studies exist for many Stanley planes beyond the bench planes, but you're not likely to find type studies for the lesser Stanley planes.
Your best chance is to have a look at the Maker's mark on the iron.

As to braces -- you could a) post pictures and have forum members id your braces, or b) head out to eB*y and start looking at pictures.
Unless you have some real oddballs, there should be Mfrs. names, model numbers, etc. on the frame or chuck.
The 101 doesn't have any marks at all on the iron. It does have '101' cast into the bed.
The 75 has the early 'Stanley rule & level Co" logo that is curved and is three lines if you count the '&' in the middle as its own line.

Is it cool to ask for ID help and then list it for sale on this site?
As far as braces go, there is a guide to them at George's Basement: https://www.georgesbasement.com/braces/braces.htm
 He also has a great guide to restoring the "Yankee" style braces.
There is also a guide to braces on Sandy Moss' website: http://www.sydnassloot.com/brace.htm
Hope this helps.
Rick W