Electronic pest repellers
(11-11-2018, 11:26 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I made one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLtMAeSNBM&t=186s

And it worked perfectly.  Super cheap and easy to make.

Very effective. Especially if you add water to the bucket.

These do work well. I made the "tin-can" spinning model. No need to stack buckets, just add water with a little bleach.
I just set up two of these in the garage. Nothing yet.

[Image: 61%2BdS1kO33L._SL1000_.jpg]
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
(11-11-2018, 08:18 PM)Scouter Wrote: ...
I've not seen JAWS before, look better than the Victory. Not sure I'd re-use them, not crazy about touching the mice, nor about cleaning the trap of remains.

Well, OK.  But at over $1.50 a piece, and catching them at a rate of about 100/year, the cost adds up.  The Jawz traps really hold up well.  I've only thrown one of the traps away.

I don't have to touch the mouse to get them out of the trap.  And I always thoroughly wash my hands after taking care of the traps.

I rarely clean the traps; I'll occasionally use a q-tip to wipe old PB out of the center bowl or the pressure plate.  It's rare to find the traps with blood on them; even at that, the mice don't seem to care. One thing most people don't know is that mice can be cannibalistic; I don't think they care if there's mouse blood on the traps.

I have occasionally come across live mice still in the trap.  Those go out to the chickens; they loves them some games of "keep away" with live rodents.

OK, so we're easily entertained out here in the sticks.  I'm good with it.

As for the bucket: tried it.  Caught two, and then no more for the two months I had it set up.
(11-11-2018, 02:34 PM)Roly Wrote: I have had good luck with the glue traps.  Roly

Best way  to use the victory snap traps is tie some cord around the bait trap and knot it a few times.  Apply the peanut butter and set.  Even if a smart one gets the butter the cord still retains the smell and oil and usually will always catch the next fellow.
bill
Baited up the bucket trap yesterday. today 4 mice.
Smile

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
I got a number of mice back in September or October, and then none since.  Well, I was putting the snow tires on my wife's car and smelled something, and decided to look at the traps.  I had one where they had eaten the bait.  And two traps with dead mice.  Also, I'm missing two traps which means they are on the floor somewhere, I assume with dead mice in them.  Going to have to get some more traps.  I decided to go with victory since they are 50 cents apiece and the others are a lot more.  I prefer to just throw them away.  

Pretty sure what I smelled was some mineral spirits, but it reminded me to look at the traps.

the "ultrasonic" noisemaker I have doesn't seem to do anything other than buzz. It did keep one of our dogs out of the garage, which isn't a bad thing. Neither of our dogs now cares about it, so maybe I'll take it down.
If those "plug it in and forget about it" products really worked.....

.........everyone would own them.

No
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I use the snap traps but don't waste time with Peanut butter.  Melt some chocolate chips and smear around the trigger.  When it cools the mice will have to actually naw on it to get the chocolate creating just enough pressure to trip it.  I miss maybe 2% of the time.