Delta Midi Lathe
I am looking at a Used Delta Midi Lathe to buy.
It is clean , looks nice.

It is old lathe so before I buy this , any concerns ,  red flags on this lathe.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
What is the model number? I prefer variable speed even with belt changes.
Don
(11-10-2018, 08:01 PM)DFJarvie Wrote: What is the model number? I prefer variable speed even with belt changes.

I believe  it is 46-460
(11-10-2018, 08:17 PM)Jack01 Wrote: I believe  it is 46-460

To me it is not to old and it was the second one I owned before I had to get the PM3520b.  I really liked mine a lot and it did everything for me I wished that is until I hurt my neck and almost had to stop turning.

It should come with the knock out bar and drive center and live center and two tool rests I think they were 6" and 10" but could be wrong on the longer one which the others did come with it.  I would run it thru all the speeds and with a spindle on it and maybe even a smallish 7 to 8" bowl stock to see if it makes any mechanical noise.

Check to see if the self ejecting works on the tail stock ram and also if it does not turn on sometimes it is because of dust build up on the black control box on the head stock

I wish I still had mine instead of giving it away so I could let loan it out to others.  Once you do get it home I would take off the back screws on the power box and blow out the dust and run a cloth thru the headstock and tail stock to get it all clean and ready for use and also see if the bedways need re-waxing.

How much are they asking?  I am thinking it should be around $360 or so and not to much more then $380.  I paid $600 for mine new.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's a pretty good little lathe. If it's in good shape - as shown by Arlin's recommendations - then it'll be a pretty good buy at $300ish...

Dave
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Nice lathe. I love mine. I got mine from a guy who won it a woodworking club raffle. I love the variable speed. If it runs smooth. The variable speed is operational... I would buy it.

To test I would bring some dense wood. Mount it and put under a load in each of the pulley speed settings. I see this lathe as a dual speed settings. One is the pulley settings and then there is the variable speed knob.

Did I mention that I love mine. I had a 1200 sq ft shop outbuilding when I lived in WI. This is one of the few tools I retained...

If you're near Ft Worth, I'll be glad to show mine to you...

Act fast, it'll be sold soon

Good luck
Slow Dancing..... doing vertically what you're wanting to do horizontally