quick quill depth stop for drill press
Test test test test

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Installed a resize app.
Here s a pic, that might be easier to see.!

Attached Files Image(s)

I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
(11-12-2018, 08:19 PM)Pirate Wrote: Installed a resize app.
Here s a pic, that might be easier to see.!

Look the same.

DT
Sorry, didn't mean to post the test 1.
I had posted a huge picture of
Initially.
Senior moment
(11-12-2018, 08:32 AM)Pirate Wrote: I never liked how long it took to adjust the 2 nut do stop, and the clamp on one I had from Grizz didn't fit my old Craftsman do.
So I made one, using a large nut, with a threaded hole in 1 flat.
Adjusts real fast.

(11-12-2018, 10:03 PM)Pirate Wrote: Sorry, didn't mean to post the test 1.
I had posted a huge picture of
Initially.
Senior moment

Very first one of the three was fine.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If I remember right (probably not), there was an article in some magazine on how to manufacture your own. Problem is, even though I've wanted something different, I don't remember the article, nor did I get around to just making one. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
(11-10-2018, 10:35 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: Grizzly lists a "quick quill depth stop" which I have been looking at.

Today, not for the first time, I was futzing with my drill press depth stop 
   and NOT having a good time.

Stock , 1968 Powermatic drill press with a 1/2-20 threaded rod depth stop
   that uses to nuts to "sorta" hold the wanted depth. Hard to adjust, because
   you have to tighten one against the other and , etc.  Blech.

Anyone here use one?  Looks like an elegant solution to my "problem."

And, we draw names for Christmas in the extended family.  I have been asked
    multiple times now "what I want for Christmas."   This may fill the bill....

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-...Stop/G7316

I have a Delta X5 drill press and the quill stop is excellent, it has a round nut and a push button in nut, you just push the button and slide where you want and release. Don't know if this helps.

Here is 1 I found online:   http://www.renovoparts.com/a02567-stop-r...wer-tools/
For clarity, I took a pic on drill press.

(11-14-2018, 12:21 PM)Flat Lander Wrote: I have a Delta X5 drill press and the quill stop is excellent, it has a round nut and a push button in nut, you just push the button and slide where you want and release. Don't know if this helps.

Here is 1 I found online:   http://www.renovoparts.com/a02567-stop-r...wer-tools/

Interesting......didn't know Jim offered that. Have to see if it'll fit my Delta Radial Ram drill.

Thanks.

Ed