No 6
A friend of mine found this plane. Does anybody know how old it is? It does not have an adjustment screw for the frog. It does not say Stanley or Bailey. It has a "b" on the bottom of the lever cap and on the bottom of the frog. Thx!
Eli
Here's the photo.

Attached Files Image(s)

Too hard for me to tell, but the type study at rexmill.com is pretty good.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(11-12-2018, 04:35 PM)Elijah A. Wrote: Here's the photo.

It's a Stanley before they started to put Bailey on the front. Probably late 1800's, very early 1900's. Maybe a Type 6-8. It's a nice plane. It will make a good user. I've restored dozens of them.

Mike
hyperkitten.com has a very good date flow chart.
(11-12-2018, 04:31 PM)Elijah A. Wrote: A friend of mine found this plane. Does anybody know how old it is? It does not have an adjustment screw for the frog. It does not say Stanley or Bailey. It has a "b" on the bottom of the lever cap and on the bottom of the frog. Thx!
Eli

The "B" casting marks would indicate Type 8. Time frame for a #4 plane is 1899-1901, probably similar for a #6.
Thanks y'all so much!