Advice needed on legs--Updated with pics--
I'm a leg man but not sure these are ready for prime time.

I made this base a little beefy planning to use it in the shop but a tool stand fell in my lap so decided to repurpose it as a work table in LOML's office. 

Wondering if the legs should have more taper? They're 33" long 1 3/4" tapering to 1 1/4". Base is 36" x 14". It's not glued up so would be easy to recut them. What do you guys think?

Thanks,  g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(11-12-2018, 09:34 PM)shoottmx Wrote: I'm a leg man but not sure these are ready for prime time.

I made this base a little beefy planning to use it in the shop but a tool stand fell in my lap so decided to repurpose it as a work table in LOML's office. 

Wondering if the legs should have more taper? They're 33" long 1 3/4" tapering to 1 1/4". Base is 36" x 14". It's not glued up so would be easy to recut them. What do you guys think?

Thanks,  g

Nice work - I like the way it looks! Depends on the style your wife likes. I think the base is proportionally correct. Anything less might look a little delicate. However, just one person's opinion. If your wife likes delicate, then maybe some cutting is in order.

Doug
Ask your boss; no reason to guess. Doesn’t matter what we like.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(11-12-2018, 09:59 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Doesn’t matter what we like.

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

g

(11-12-2018, 09:34 PM)shoottmx Wrote: I'm a leg man but not sure these are ready for prime time.

Thanks,  g

Looks fine to me.
Thanks guys. I think I'll ask her opinion. Should have realized that from the get-go.

g

I agree with Tapper.

The proportions seem correct for me and anything thinner would appear "delicate".
I like as is. ....17
Looks ok .......................
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

It's personal preference, I tend to taper a bit more, and would go to 1" at the bottom, it brings a "lightness" to the structure.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis