10 inch wet grinder reccommendations?
(11-20-2018, 09:20 AM)Hank Knight Wrote: Ricky, I don't know where you live, so this may be a useless post. There is a Tormek Supergrind 2000 for sale with jigs on the Greenville, SC Craigslist for $150.00.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/tls/d/...38872.html

I'm in New Hampshire.  That was a great deal.
Doesn't Tormek make a less expensive version? I believe they call it the T-4.  It has a smaller diameter wheel which fits into Garrett Hack's thinking.

https://youtu.be/KljbyeueOtE
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I had a wet stone grinder. Too messy. Went back to the old way- a little slower but just as good.
(11-25-2018, 11:31 AM)daddo Wrote: I had a wet stone grinder. Too messy. Went back to the old way- a little slower but just as good.

I've been doing some research and think I might go with CBN wheels.  They've been coming down in price. No mess, low heat and they can fit my bench grinders.
I have a Worksharp and a slow speed grinder with a CBN wheel. The two can handle all I have, but to chose one method, hands down, it would be the CBN.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
CBN wheels. All the advantages with none of the mess. I've never looked back. Read Derek Cohen's article at In the Woodshop.
(11-30-2018, 07:16 PM)Maple Leaf Wrote: CBN wheels. All the advantages with none of the mess. I've never looked back. Read Derek Cohen's article at In the Woodshop.

I am a fan of wet grinders but I personally think Tormek is on the small side.
I love my Alimak......... after I welded up a new stronger frame for it and installed a more suitable motor........ I think the wheel is something like 16 inches if good Gotland sandstone.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
(12-02-2018, 04:19 AM)TGW Wrote: I am a fan of wet grinders but I personally think Tormek is on the small side.
I love my Alimak......... after I welded up a new stronger frame for it and installed a more suitable motor........ I think the wheel is something like 16 inches if good Gotland sandstone.

Eek
Wink 
Save your money.

[Image: wink.png]