FS: Furnas Mag Starter + Switch
This came off of a 3 phase 1 HP 12" Delta Disc Sander.  I've linked a brief discussion regarding this starter - apparently it is no longer 3 phase compliant because there are only two heaters.  http://owwm.org/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=198...5#p1391235 However I have discovered there is a relay kit that allows converting this to code compliant 3 phase.  Included with the purchase are the specific instructions for adding this relay.

The starter has a dual voltage 240/480 coil that will allow it to be used with 240 volt single phase input as well as 3 phase input.  I believe it is a NEMA size 0.  It currently has E37 heaters installed.  I have also discovered that the coil can be changed to a 120 volt version.  I'm going to use a vfd on the disc sander so this starter will be excess to me..  If you are interested and would like additional pictures - feel free to ask and I'll try to get any info that may be useful to you.  The switch included is a momentary on/off version that also came from the disc sander.

I would like to get $60.00 for all + shipping (medium flat rate I think) but like I said I am not very knowledgeable regarding these starters so feel free to make an offer.

Thanks
Rick
Rick

The zealots in the electrical section at OWWM are a bit over the top in their penchant for "code compliance".  Your starter is perfectly serviceable and you shouldn't be afraid to use it should you should desire.

I've had a number of rather terse discussions with these folfs about it in the past.  I'm not going to get religious in my compliance with the latest NEC when wiring up my tools for use in my home workshop, all of which were built prior to 1950. Yes, I will conduct good practice.  Will I confirm with the letter of the latest NEC?  Somehow I doubt it.
chris