Got a free Bartley Collection table kit, anybody remember these?
Went to a garage/shop sale today. Very nice guy was selling all his stuff, getting ready to move to a smaller place. He ended up giving me an unassembled furniture kit from a company called the Bartley Collection. 

Now I remember the Bartley collection, back in the day I made some furniture kits from Emperor Clock including a full Queen Ann dining set, bachelors chest, butler tray table and server and of course, a couple of clocks as well. One of the reasons I bought from Emperor was that the stuff from Bartley was way out of my league price wise. Now that I see the parts in this kit, I know why. All solid cherry, no glue ups that were common with the Emperor kits. 

This kit looks complete, comes in two boxes. It's some sort of coffee or console table, has two drawers. But what it doesn't have are the instructions. The box says it's an ST 055 table, and while google is usually your friend, here its got nothing, not even a picture. Now I'm pretty sure I could figure this all out with time, it would still be nice if anybody out there has an old catalog or even better has built this kit and still has the plans. Fingers crossed. Thanks. Bob
I think I recall ads for those kits. I do recall the Emperor clock kits...

These folks might help?

http://baynebox.com/about-us/
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(11-17-2018, 11:26 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: I think I recall ads for those kits. I do recall the Emperor clock kits...

These folks might help?

http://baynebox.com/about-us/

Yeah, I already looked there.  They dont have much, but I left a feedback question anyway.
Someone on Ebay has catalogs from 1995, 1998 and 1999 for sale. You might contact them to see if it contains your kit. The catalogs are $8 a piece, so not a big cost. It would not be instructions, but could give you a picture.

John
(11-18-2018, 07:51 AM)EvilTwin Wrote: Yeah, I already looked there.  They dont have much, but I left a feedback question anyway.

It seems that you can pay Bayne Box to look for the instructions for your kit for $14.95. It sounds like you pay your money and they look to see if they can find your model. If they can, then you have the instructions, if they do not have it, then they give you a credit on the site. If there is nothing else on the site that you need, that credit probably is not worth much.
[attachment=14499 Wrote: gjohn pid='7689706' dateline='1542719600']

It seems that you can pay Bayne Box to look for the instructions for your kit for $14.95. It sounds like you pay your money and they look to see if they can find your model. If they can, then you have the instructions, if they do not have it, then they give you a credit on the site. If there is nothing else on the site that you need, that credit probably is not worth much.

The owner did get back to me.  And he gave me the link for the 15 dollar download.  Seems a bit steep for a document they didn't produce and for a kit they dont sell, but thats capitalism.  He did send me an image of the front of the plan so I now know what it looks like and what it was called.

(11-20-2018, 09:28 PM)EvilTwin Wrote: The owner did get back to me.  And he gave me the link for the 15 dollar download.  Seems a bit steep for a document they didn't produce and for a kit they dont sell, but thats capitalism.  He did send me an image of the front of the plan so I now know what it looks like and what it was called.

The $15 could avoid some frustration, especially if there are parts missing. Have a good time building the table. If you have a chance, post a picture when you get done.

Cheers,

John
That is supposed to be Chippendale styling?