135 degree concealed hinge
I seem to be having trouble finding a concealed hinge, for face frame mounting, soft close, and with a 135 degree swing. (Perhaps I'm just not searching correctly.)
Is there such a thing? Where would I get this?
Ray
(11-18-2018, 02:06 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I seem to be having trouble finding a concealed hinge, for face frame mounting, soft close, and with a 135 degree swing. (Perhaps I'm just not searching correctly.)
Is there such a thing? Where would I get this?

I don't known if anyone makes a Euro style hinge with a 135 deg. swing.  The typical compact face frame hinges open at 110 deg or less.  But you can use many frameless cabinet hinges with a face frame adapter plate, depending whether you need inset or overlay.  Still, I don't know any that open to 135 deg.,  125 deg or 150 deg being the closest.  

John
(11-18-2018, 02:47 PM)jteneyck Wrote: I don't known if anyone makes a Euro style hinge with a 135 deg. swing.  The typical compact face frame hinges open at 110 deg or less.  But you can use many frameless cabinet hinges with a face frame adapter plate, depending whether you need inset or overlay.  Still, I don't know any that open to 135 deg.,  125 deg or 150 deg being the closest.  

John

Blum makes a 170 degree face frame hinge if that will work. The slow close is a add on device for the hinge.  Roly
The  170 degree Blums are rather large if space is an issue.

Ed

Attached Files Image(s)

I suppose a 150 or 170 will work but those would allow the door to then smack the adjacent cabinet and in this house I know that will happen ... a lot
I was not aware of an add on for a soft close feature. I’ll look into that.
This is for my kitchen corner (that has a 45 degree corner) and 120 would leave the door slightly in the way
135 would be perfect putting the door parallel with the adjacent cabinet
I don’t have the first such profile in a corner cabinet so I’m surprised that 135 isn’t available
Ray
(11-18-2018, 11:43 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I suppose a 150 or 170 will work but those would allow the door to then smack the adjacent cabinet and in this house I know that will happen ... a lot
I was not aware of an add on for a soft close feature. I’ll look into that.
This is for my kitchen corner (that has a 45 degree corner) and 120 would leave the door slightly in the  way
135 would be perfect putting the door parallel with the adjacent cabinet
I don’t have the first such profile in a corner cabinet so I’m surprised that  135 isn’t available
Look at pages the pages beginning at page 140 of Blum's Catalog.  There are plenty of options for corner cabinet doors for frameless cabinets.  You may be able to adapt one for use with a faceframe by using a faceframe mounting plate and cutting the inside edge of the faceframe at 45 degrees so that the mounting plate is parallel with the side of the cabinet.  Blocking out the inside of the cabinet so that you could use a standard mounting plate might be another approach.  Certainly, you aren't the first to be faced with this issue, but I don't see a direct solution.  

Also, note that you can use angle restriction clips with many Blum hinges, for example, you can restrict the opening of some 120 deg. etc. hinges to 85 deg .     

John