Freud FJ 85 Orbital Jig Saw - blades
Need blades!

Freud told me that it has been out of the power tools biz for years.

Tried Bosch blades.  They appeared to fit OK but wouldn't lock in.

Help???

Hoping that woodnet-ers [and everyone else!] caught in the CA fires are OK!..........v-pilot
No clue. Everything I have found online says to use Bosch blades. Sorry
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Could your saw need to have the jaws cleaned? I've had that problem
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(11-18-2018, 10:01 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Could your saw need to have the jaws cleaned?  I've had that problem
Wink

WRT "jaws cleaned"........never heard that.....does it require disassemble?

THANKS!!
I used to own a FJ85 and always used Bosch blades without any difficulties. Sometimes they used the blade needed a little extra push to make sure that they seated correctly.
(11-19-2018, 09:20 AM)sweensdv2 Wrote: I used to own a FJ85 and always used Bosch blades without any difficulties.  Sometimes they used the blade needed a little extra push to make sure that they seated correctly.
I agree. I use the Bosch blades in my Freud jigsaw however, they are a bit tricky to insert.
(11-19-2018, 09:19 AM)varkpilot Wrote: WRT "jaws cleaned"........never heard that.....does it require disassemble?

THANKS!!

The part that grabs the blade is what I meant.  Shot of carb cleaner, etc followed by blast of air and maybe some lube to see if it helps.
Big Grin
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
I used to have one of these and they take Bosch blades. It was hard to do by hand but they do push in. It may help to put the blade in as fast as you can by hand and push it the rest of the way by picking up the saw and pushing it against the bench.

I sold mine when I bought a festoon jigsaw. Wish I’d never sold it. That Freud was better than either my festoon or the Bosch I’ve subsequently bought. I sold mine to somebody here actually.
-Marc