Craftsman pushing out Kobalt at Lowes
Good old Craftsman. 1976.
Still use it.

[Image: hcIzCjD.jpg]
(12-07-2018, 09:09 AM)EricU Wrote: I suspect it's the new-fangled "lifetime" warranty that requires you to have a receipt, did you check?  I guess I should start scanning them and saving them

If it is bought using the MYLOWES progam, a receipt will be kept on file.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I see the comments posted about the "reinstitution" of the lifetime warranty and need for receipts.  I took a broken 1/2" drive ratchet back to the local "Sears Hometown" store in November.  It was replaced, no questions asked, no receipts needed.  

Maybe it's a Lowe's  thing.  I don't go to Lowe's much, I have to pass by two Menard's stores, two HD's, and one real contractor-grade lumber yard to get to the nearest Lowe's.  Not  worth the time.
Very interesting, my Ace Hardware has been carrying Craftsman for the last severl years.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

C-Man is being sold in a number of retailers.  Lowes, K-Mart, Ace, even military exchanges.

I've never tried to return a broken C-Man tool to a military exchange, but maybe I should look to see if they have anything posted there the next time I'm in the Exchange.  But, that's not very often.
Sears moved the Craftsman tools into outside outlets.....like Ace after K mart bought them out, that's also why they were in K mart. When they sold the name to Stanley, they had rights to the brand for 5 years after the close of the sale.  Now, I have no idea what those rights entailed, but I'm guessing that also includes the line being carried at Ace. I would imagine after that time frame expires they will be exclusive to Lowes...but of course I only made all this up in my head; who knows what will really happen.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Local Ace will warranty a c-man tool if they stock it.

Sears has lived off the reputation of the Craftsman name for several decades now.

Look at sales on estatesales.net........one will find more crappy c-man stuff than can be imagined.

Ed
Always heard it said that when you buy a craftsman power tool, buy two.

That way when the one your are using fails and parts are unavailable, you have  a new tool or one to cannibalize for spare parts.
Laugh
Laugh
(12-10-2018, 07:56 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Always heard it said that when you buy a craftsman power tool, buy two.

That way when the one your are using fails and parts are unavailable, you have  a new tool or one to cannibalize for spare parts.
Laugh
Laugh

Probably true when it started having a nick name known as Crapsman.
Big Grin 

Simon
(11-22-2018, 10:00 PM)messmaker Wrote: The toolman at my local Lowes said that Kobalt brand tools no longer have much of a spot as they will be replaced by the Craftsman brand. He was to quick to point out that they will continue to warranty the kobalt items. I don't know about your stor,but mine is already about 50% Craftsman already.

I wasn't disappointed that they had the Craftsman top box (made in MO) for $10 less than the HF box.  Seems well built.
Yes
Sawdust, sawdust everywhere and amungst it somewhere is my pencil...