Craftsman Table Saw Help
I have a Craftsman 113.299040 model with the cast iron top and stamped metal wings. The adjustment cranks are plastic. I cannot get the blade to 90 degrees, best I can do is 90.4 and it will not move any more. I have removed the blade stop collar from the angle adjustment rod. The tilt tension lock is very loose. Between 3 degrees and 89 degrees if is very smooth and easy to adjust. I have used a small brush to clean the trunion tracks and used dry lube on everything. I have a PALS alignment system on it. Any thoughts before I have to disassemble the cabinet and mechanism? 
Thanks

Mals

Mals
You can educate the ignorant - You can't fix stupid.
I'm sorry, I don't understand.

My old Delta contractor saw and my current Sawstop only go slightly past 90, just like you describe.

Or are you saying it stops .4 degrees short of going perpendicular at 90 degrees?
(11-23-2018, 06:44 PM)WxMan Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

My old Delta contractor saw and my current Sawstop only go slightly past 90, just like you describe.

Or are you saying it stops .4 degrees short of going perpendicular at 90 degrees?

Yes it stops before 90 degrees.

Mals

Mals
(11-23-2018, 07:54 PM)mals Wrote: Yes it stops before 90 degrees.

Mals

Check to make sure the tilt threaded rod is clean where the stop collar was, that there is no sawdust jambed between the trunnion and fixed casting, both front and back, and that that tilt locking lever isn't jambing under the table.   

John
I looked online at the manual for your model saw.  There really only can be a few spots that cause this issue.  I think John is right; carefully inspect the area where the stop collar would be affixed.  

You said you moved the stop collar.  Is it possible there's a small burr or even a crack in one of the mating surfaces in this spot?  It won't take much to keep the blade from traveling that last little bit.
(11-24-2018, 04:30 AM)WxMan Wrote: I looked online at the manual for your model saw.  There really only can be a few spots that cause this issue.  I think John is right; carefully inspect the area where the stop collar would be affixed.  

You said you moved the stop collar.  Is it possible there's a small burr or even a crack in one of the mating surfaces in this spot?  It won't take much to keep the blade from traveling that last little bit.

I've had the tilt locking lever jamb up under the table several times when tilting the arbor.  Now I immediately know what the problem is, but the first time it took a couple of minutes to figure out what the problem was.  Unlocking the lever is not enough.  As you tilt the arbor the lever moves CW.  If you didn't leave the lever pointing at around 3 o'clock to begin with it can easily travel far enough to jamb up under the table.  

John
(11-24-2018, 10:07 AM)jteneyck Wrote: I've had the tilt locking lever jamb up under the table several times when tilting the arbor.  Now I immediately know what the problem is, but the first time it took a couple of minutes to figure out what the problem was.  Unlocking the lever is not enough.  As you tilt the arbor the lever moves CW.  If you didn't leave the lever pointing at around 3 o'clock to begin with it can easily travel far enough to jamb up under the table.  

John
It is not the lilt locking lever, mine swings free and you need to pull it onto the hex head end of the shaft to turn it. I can feel some small burrs on the tilt shaft where the stop collar was. I guess I will need to disassemble the unit to be try and polish them out.  was hoping to avoid this. 
Thanks all.

Mals

Mals
I have a Craftsman TS Model 113.29943 that I have used since 1973 and it adjusts just fine.
George

if it ain't broke, you're not tryin'
Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
Red Green

(11-24-2018, 11:41 AM)GeorgeV Wrote: I have a Craftsman TS Model 113.29943 that I have used since 1973 and it adjusts just fine.

It looks like I win the Bonehead of the week award. All I needed to do was lower the blade from it maximum height. Adjusts real easy now.
Thanks for all your assistance.

Mals

Mals
None of us have ever done anything similar.  
Uhoh

Glad you got it figured out.