Carolyn's (MsNomers) Advice
In 2007 I made some of these little foot stools that were donated to a local charity. I added a simple design in the top by routing out a shallow wavy line on each side. When I made a pair of the lines next to each other I got a kind of chain link look.

I posted a photo of this very simple project to the forum. A few comments said it looked sturdy but the one that I always remember was from Carolyn - MsNomer - who said although the design I had routed in the top looked nice the children she was familiar with would fill those grooves with peanut butter and jelly in no time.

This year I made a few of these tic-tac-toe games. The lines are simply cut in the game board with a tablesaw. It was when I was looking at the completed board I was reminded of Carolyn's comment. I filled in the tempting grooves with polymer clay so as to keep them free from the contents of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Thanks, Carolyn, wherever you are
Smile

Bill

I just seen that Carolyn is in the Azores.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice work wjt.

Carolyn really helped me master butterfly inlay. Have not seen her on WN in a long time!

Thank you for bringing back sweet memories.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood